In the past few years, the Komodo National Park become more popular than ever. In 1991 it was declared as a UNESCO World Heritage Site and, in 2012, the purity and beauty of Komodo got it crowned as one of the new 7 Wonders of Nature. What once was a destination for researchers and conservationist has now evolved as one of the most charming destination for travellers, divers, and adventurers alike. And when you travel to this frontier, you will definitely need to embark on Komodo cruises Labuan Bajo to get around.
However, lots of travelers encounter unpleasant experiences when booking a Komodo liveaboard. Some get boats that’s way under their their expectation, some tries to go directly to Labuan Bajo and find themselves in heated haggling argument, and few even got their boat wrecked. All of the chaos and disappointment can be easily avoided if you know how to book the right way. And we have just the right tips for you.
Seek A Reputable Agent
Seriously, how hard it is to find a reputable agency? All you need to do is to find a travel agent website which screams legit. Here’s the sign of a legit, reputable Komodo cruises agent in Labuan Bajo:
- Has a nice and neat website. Means the company has the budget to build and maintain a proper website, which doesn’t come cheap.
- Has through information about Komodo in their website. Basically they know what they are talking about.
- Displays their collection of boats. You can see description of each boat, the price, and onboard facilities along with real picture of the boat. Basically they tell you what you’ll be getting.
- Has a working email and phone number that answers when you call.
- Has a working social media. Social media is the honest platform—you can see direct reviews and response from their followers/ past clients on the comment section. It’s also easy to see real pictures taken by their past clients on their tagged photos.
If you still don’t know what to see, this Komodo cruises Labuan Bajo agent could be a reference. They are among the best that we know, but you can always set your standards on what a reputable agent looks like when looking for other agents.
Know Which Komodo Cruises Labuan Bajo You Want
Step two is to know what kind of Komodo cruises Labuan Bajo you want to sail on. There are too many stories people don’t know the boat they are booking on the agent, until they got there and stare at the actual boat. And too many times, this diresult in disappointment. That’s why it’s important to book through agent which transparently put the boat in their website. Choose the boat that you want and make sure the agency write the name of the boat down on their contract/ invoice. That way, you are guaranteed to sail with the boat you actually want and get your expectation met.
More Komodo Travelling Stories:
Decides on the Type of Accommodation
Most boats and cruises in Komodo have several type of accommodation onboard. Most common accommodations are shared cabin with twin bed, shared cabin with double bed, shared cabin with three beds, master cabin, and single cabin. The standard basis are shared cabins, but you can upgrade to private room or master cabin if you want to.
The Bigger the Komodo Cruises Labuan Bajo, the Better
In Komodo cruises, size does matter. Bigger boats are not only there to appear more spacious luxurious, but it also much more equipped in terms of safety than the smaller ones. Larger body also give more stability to the boat in the sea. This is very beneficial especially as Komodo’s water is known for its waves and strong currents.